Thursday, February 17, 2011

Blog 3


Well after I saw this I did feel Obama is taking this in the right direction. I feel he is doing something positive but too much of a good thing is possible. I feel that we should allow the students to stay and make it easier for their parents to become citizens, but we cannot let it get out of hand. We still have to keep order, but perhaps we can streamline it.
   I believe that the immigration process like many things in America is outdated, needs tuning and is not keeping up with technology. The varying opinions are also slowing the progress of anything actually working for this process since opinions vary but actually are somewhat similar by state. The process of immigration can be a good one and a bad, it sounds wrong but we need to make a more effective elimination process, in with the good, out with the bad. I believe that is a good happy medium since we cannot just let in any criminal, but we cannot lock the country up in a hermetically sealed bubble.
   In the end, the video did not really change my opinion on the topic; however it did improve my opinion on Obama. I think the higher ups need to decide on a game plan that actually has some initiative. However I also realize we have a lot of ongoing problems, which make this topic get backtracked. In the end I believe the best course we can take, is put a clear plan so the entire country understands and apply nonviolent measures which still allow our countrymen to work on this project.

1 comment:

  1. This definitely makes you think of Armida from "30 Days: Immigration"! But who gets to decide what is "good" and what is "bad"? Where do we draw the line?

    ReplyDelete